Florida Home Damage
and Repair Checklist
Florida, our hearts are with you in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
As the water recedes and you take your next steps towards repairing your home, here's a few tips we have put in one place for you.
We have some important tips below for you!
Hurricane Ian Home Repair
The impact of Hurricane Ian on Florida has been devastating. As homeowners and the community come together to rebuild, our team at Kitchen & Bath Plus wants to provide the most up-to-date and helpful information in the post-hurricane home repair.
We have listed some information below to assist you in preparing your insurance claim information, contacting your insurance company for a hurricane damage claim and looking for a contractor to complete the repair on your home.
We are here to answer any questions you have and point you in the best direction.
- Document everything *before you remove the debris*
- Call all insurance and additional resources available to you
- Find a contractor who will advocate for you as a homeowner
- Ask to see the contractor's license and insurance before hiring
- Do not give advance payment in full for repairs